Thursday, October 28, 2010

seriously?! this $h!t doesn't work. end. of. story.

Alright, most of you know that i have an intense love affair with food. food is not just nourishment for me. food is my crutch. if i'm sad, i eat. if i'm happy, i eat. if i'm mad, i eat. If i'm bored, i eat. i am the epitome of 'emotional eater'. not only am i an emotional eater, but i *SWEAR* that my stomach is a black, bottomless hole. i will eat until the point where it physically hurts. i blame my food habits on my mom. my food problems stem from childhood...i was never allowed to leave the table until i finished all the food on my plate. I learned to deal with the pain, i guess.
anyways, fast forward to today and the point of this blog entry. i have tried ALL these things (before this list ever came out) and have not lost any weight, but maintained it. (i guess that's better than the alternative of gaining weight)...however, i'd like to call attention specifically to number 10 on this list....'VISUALIZE YOURSELF THIN'. seriously!? i honestly visualize myself as a victoria's secret model (on a daily basis, i might add) when i'm stuffing my face with ice cream, or little debbie ho ho's...or potato chips or cupcakes..you can insert any type of food here, really. <-no sarcasm there either. visualizing myself thin does the exact opposite...i picture myself "thin" and think, 'eh, another bowl of ice cream is not gonna KILL me...." and that's where i get into trouble. i think a more effective strategy (for me, at least) is to picture myself as a fat cow and get into THAT mentality...the mentality that i have to work to be thin. that i have to watch what i eat...that i have to workout twice as hard as anyone else. sad, but true. anyways, i wanted to share the link even though all their tips are common sense. sheesh, cosmo. i expected more from you...i'm disappointed.

"10 best weight loss tips EVER" according to Cosmo...according to me, this shit is common sense...

No comments:

Post a Comment